Mental Health Offer
A NEW PHOTOCOPIABLE RESOURCE ON UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORTING MENTAL HEALTH IN CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
98% of members in a teacher’s union survey said they had taught pupils with mental health problems and 48% said they had never been given training on how to deal with the issue.
(Poll conducted by NASUWT 2017)
There is a real concern that current support provision for mental health is inadequate. We need to ensure that children and young people gain appropriate support at the earliest opportunity so that they can grow up better supported, be stronger and more resilient which will enable them to manage the increased stresses of modern day life.
This photocopiable resource on mental health in children and young people will provide understanding of this complex issue for colleagues and could provide information for concerned parents. It will look at:
- research findings in particular current research which will shape future policy and provision.
- social media and modern lifestyle and it’s impact on mental health giving appropriate interventions and support to use.
- effects of cyber- bullying and bullying on mental health with appropriate interventions and support to use.
- inequalities of health provision for BAME Groups.
- support schemes available to support mental health.
- 16 mental health conditions including their causes, characteristics/symptoms, support strategies/treatments. (These are updated from the Behaviour Solutions A Revised Guide To Syndromes and Conditions, More Syndromes and Further Syndromes and include a revised list of support strategies and updated causes/symptoms)
- Useful websites, references and areas that support mental health.
- Contains useful Key Points/Summary at the end of chapters.
Cost of the book is £25 (a saving of £5 on the normal price of £30) plus £2 postage and packing.